CG Technology recognizes its role and responsibilities in the advancement of Responsible Gaming and Problem Gambling initiatives. Internally, we commit to educating our employees from the top down, while providing them with the resources and tools needed to create a positive experience for our customers.
The National Council on Problem Gambling recognizes problem gaming, or gaming addiction, as:
Behavior patterns that compromise, disrupt or damage personal, family or vocational pursuits. The essential features are increasing preoccupation with gambling, a need to bet more money more frequently, restlessness or irritability when attempting to stop, “chasing” losses, and loss of control manifested by continuation of the gambling behavior in spite of mounting, serious, negative consequences.
As an organization, CG Technology is committed to promoting responsible gaming at each of our sportsbooks and providing problem gambling information to our customers. CG Technology works closely with The Nevada Council on Problem Gambling through its signature program, When the Fun Stops, to provide resources and training to our employees in support of our responsible gaming efforts.
Copies of the informational brochure, When the Fun Stops, are available at the counter of all our Race & Sports Book locations.
CG Technology wants everyone’s gaming experience to be entertaining, so we encourage our patrons to follow these guidelines:
• If you choose to gamble, do so for entertainment only.
• Set a money and time limit and stick to your plan.
• Never gamble with borrowed money or money you can’t afford to lose.
• Include your loss limit as part of your entertainment budget and never exceed that budget.
• Avoid “chasing” lost money.
• Don’t gamble when you’re sad, lonely, anxious or bored, or to cope with emotional pain.
• Learn about the WARNING SIGNS of problem gambling and take the Gambling Risk Self-Test if you are concerned.
For more information to help you or someone you know, visit the Nevada Council on Problem Gambling at WhenTheFunStops.org or call the 24-hour Problem Gamblers Helpline at 1-800-522-4700 for confidential information and assistance.
As part of our commitment to promote responsible gaming, CG Technology will continue to take these important steps:
For Our Employees:
• Educate through a variety of programs and methods on responsible gaming policies and procedures
• Provide information about resources for assistance with problem gambling
For Our Patrons:
• Provide information, through a variety of methods both at our Race & Sports Book locations and on our website, about responsible gaming and resources for assistance with problem gambling.
• Provide patrons who feel they may have a gambling problem the option of enrolling in our Self-Limit Program, either in person at any of our Race & Sports Book locations or by completing and returning the Self-Limit Form, which will cancel their access to our marketing material, promotions and privileges .
For Our Communities:
• Vigilantly monitor our Race & Sports Book locations to prevent underage gambling and the presence of minors.
• Advertise responsibly as outlined in the American Gaming Association’s Responsible Marketing Code for Sports Wagering.
• Support local and national organizations that promote responsible gaming